Do Fence Me In

We have a fence!  Bastoni Fence Designs came and put up our fence in a day and a half and it is a thing of beauty.  Sturdy and well made with three nice gates.  We chose black wire so it would "disappear" and it almost does.  I am very happy with it as I was worried it would really break up the view of the rolling landscape but it will define our mowed yard from the hayfield beyond plus the dogs are thrilled with their new backyard.  I can feel that they are safe and secure when I let them out.  Now I feel our yard has some structure and I can see where I might want to plant trees, shrubs etc...


This is the street side of the house and we put in a twelve foot gate for access to the septic system or other large equipment that might need to come in.


This gate takes you to the back of the garage.


This back gate takes you to the Serpentine path which leads to the back of our property and the woods.  Earlier this spring I cut back the brush so that we have a nice trail which meets up with a snowmobile trail system that goes for hundreds of miles.  Lots of nice hiking back there.


I set up my compost bin finally.  I have had this same bin for at least 25 years now.  We have moved it twice and it is still going strong.


Pano view of the fence line.  Grass is still pretty tall but now we can work on getting it mowed and improving the lawn area.  The pollinators are loving it out there though!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Wall Update

Welcome

Stair Safety