Front Entry

 Did a bit more work finishing up the display boxes.  Filled the nail holes and did the caulking and some of the priming.  The weather has not cooperated this week though with an April snowstorm.  My display for spring includes birds, nests and other bird related items that I have made.  These displays are fun to do and have attracted some attention.  I think the UPS driver is intrigued when he delivers the packages.  




I finally was able to unpack and display my collection of vintage state plates.  This large wall in the foyer is perfect for them.  Unfortunately as I hammered in the last of them a few fell off and broke!  Now I will be looking for replacements along with the ones I have been missing to complete the whole USA.


The bench came from the Bennington, Vermont railroad station.  My mom (who was a picker WAY ahead of her time) found it and it was stored in pieces in their barn for years.  My dad wanted to get rid of it but my mother had vision.  I put it together and refinished it and have used it for many years in our old home.   I am so happy that we had a place for it in our new home as it is rather long.  Imagine all the people that have waited on that bench to start their journey by train!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Wall Update

Welcome

Stair Safety